Friday, September 25, 2026

The Christmas Yes List



The Christmas Yes List
by Melissa Ferguson

This author has become and automatic must-read for me. I loved the characters, their banter, and their dry sense of humor. I loved the lessons learned about not going to extremes as either a people-pleaser or a narcissist. Loved the hints of Christian faith. And I especially LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the affirmation that homemaking is a valid and worthy choice of career!! Clean romance (kisses only--not graphic).

Notable quotes:
"A good partner isn't perfect -- as both your mama and I know -- and dry seasons and flood years in life will certainly come. But a good partner is one who can acknowledge when he or she makes a mistake, anchors their moral compass in the hands of the good Lord, and commits to growing in humility, honesty, respect, and love along the way. That person might not be flashy. They might not draw every eye in the room. But if they keep their promises, tell the truth, and show up when it counts -- that's the kind of love you can build a home on. That's the kind of man I want to see for you."

This is the kind of man I married, the kind of men I pray my sons will be, and the kind of men I pray my daughters will seek and find.

"And while there may be millions of women on this planet who can juggle both their jobs and these other things seamlessly, I can't.... Let the world do its rushing. Let women everywhere reach all their incredible dreams and save lives in operating rooms and lead meetings on top of skyscrapers. The world needs them. I wish them all the deep satisfaction in the world. But for me?... I just want a peaceful life. ...I've spent the past twenty years since kindergarten being asked what I want to be when I grow up, and I can't recall a single time anyone said 'I just want to keep a home, thank you very much' as a viable statement. ... And I'm fairly certain I'm not even allowed to mention such a secret desire before I'm married either. At best I'm supposed to tuck it away until the wedding bells have stopped ringing and I've popped out a baby or two and then maybe, maybe slip into that kind of life by accident. Certainly not on purpose or premeditated."

My sentiments EXACTLY!! Thank you, Melissa!


A physical copy was provided Goodreads. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment